Advantages of Field Grown Trees
Advantages of our field grown trees in comparison
with container grown trees:
- Develop larger, stronger trunks and are more
balanced in terms of height and spread. They
are similar in form to trees grown naturally in
- Grow stronger root systems through the practice
of root pruning which stimulates new fibrous/
feeder roots. Also, when the trees are dug for
dispatch, even more fibrous/feeder roots develop
and within a couple of months are spreading
out into their new environment. Our trees
are treated with Growth Formula and Seasol
which further encourages strong root growth.
- Are hardy and need less water than container
grown stock. In the field they are only watered
by natural rainfall, so have adapted to going
through dry periods.
- Suited to a wide range of climates throughout
Australia as they are produced at an elevation
of 750 metres. This includes Brisbane, Sunshine
Coast, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Sydney and
- Adapt more readily to their new environment, as
they are grown in soil rather than a potting mix.